Buying a Home During the COVID 19 Pandemic
These are the guidelines that I will be following in regards to the procedure of looking at homes. (as of May 8, 2020)
- I will be asking for a copy of your Pre-Approval Letter from your lender or Proof of Funds if you are a cash buyer before we look at homes.
- Buyers will receive a Showing Certificate and Release to review and sign before our appointment.
- We are limited to a maximum of 4 persons in the home during our showing, including myself. Please refrain from bringing anyone to the showing that is not directly involved with buying the home.
- We will be refraining from touching doors, blinds, drapery and light switches during our showing appointment as much as possible. Hopefully the seller has been instructed to leave all doors, blinds and drapery open and lights turned on for us.
- Buyers will be asked to wear masks and possibly gloves. Also plan to have hand sanitizer available during our showings as well.
- Our amount of time spent in the home will be as efficient as possible.
- We will be adhering to the guidelines of keeping a minimum of 6ft social distance between us.
- No 'in-person" Open Houses will be held at this time. (Virtual Open Houses may be available)
- Tenant occupied homes can not be shown at this time.
- Offers and deposits can be done electronically and preferred.
- You will still be able to attend your home inspection with approval from the home inspection and the seller.
- Closings can still occur with safe distancing.
Any questions, feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com or 586-899-6666